Sr. Test Engineering Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position: Sr. Test Engineering Technician
Location: Syracuse, NY
Job Id: 5074
# of Openings: 1
Scope: Provide technical and logistical support to engineering and production personnel for legacy products and new product development activities. This includes involvement in engineering prototype development, product transition and product support functions. Work with minimal supervision to perform the following duties: Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions, and record results.
- Perform testing and troubleshooting of moderate and complex test set ups.
- Develop test methodologies and design complex test circuitry to support manual and automated testing.
- Instruct test personnel and Test Engineering Tech I and II on the proper use of testing equipment and assist with their training.
- Develop automatic test measurement routines to provide required measurement accuracy and maximized throughput
- Author electrical Test Procedures
- Provide technical support for Production Test, Product troubleshooting, and Product development (Rad Trips, Special development/qualification testing)
- Characterization of test boards and qualification/verification of production test fixtures.
- Comply with and support company policies and programs regarding safety, security, ISO, EEO, OSHA and Continuous Improvement activities. Essential Skill and Experience:
- Must have the ability to read, analyze and debug circuits for analog, digital and mixed signal circuits.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to train others and work as a member of inter-disciplinary teams.
- Good computer skills with proficient use of Microsoft Office products and operating systems including Word and Excel.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Have a high level of problem solving and analytical skills
- Fundamental knowledge of test software development using LabVIEW, C/C++ or similar languages
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to adapt and learn new skills due to continually changing work environment.Education and Experience: Associates Degree; Electrical or Electronic Engineering
6-8 Years Relevant Experience Related electronic experience. Prior experience with automated test setups, and troubleshooting of complex devises
Must comply with TTM Export Control Policies and Procedures and all applicable laws including ITAR, EAR and OFAC including but not limited to: a) being able to identify ITAR product on the manufacturing floor and understand that access to these products and related technical data is restricted to only US Citizens and US Permanent Residents; b) recognition of Foreign Person visitors by badge differentiation; c) understand and follow authorization procedures for bringing foreign visitors into facilities (VAL); d) understand the Export and ITAR requirements for shipments leaving the US; e) manage vendor approvals for ITAR manufacturing and services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Loading some great jobs for you...