TEMP. Equipment Operator II (1st and 2nd shift)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position: TEMP. Equipment Operator II (1st and 2nd shift)
Location: Syracuse, NY
Job Id: 6123
# of Openings: 2
Scope: This position will require set-up of multiple pieces of equipment while following detailed directions. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Requires proficiency in 50% of the department operations.
- Responsible for maintaining/reporting on the quality and productivity data for the department.
- Maintain clean, safe and orderly work environment.
- Ability to interpret and follow verbal and written work orders.
- Run various machines throughout the day.
- Clean and de-burr various product groups as needed.
- Use various measuring tools as required.
- Offer suggestions to improve/enhance processes.
- Report any problems, defective materials, questionable conditions or unsafe conditions to supervisor or leader.
- Provide high quality and timely service to all internal customers.
- Comply with and support company policies and programs regarding safety, security, ISO, EEO, OSHA and Continuous Improvement activities.
- Work to develop customer relationships through collaboration, respect, professionalism, trust and integrity.
- Listen to and understand customer requirements and take prompt, appropriate action that exceeds expectation.
- Take personal ownership of internal and external customer issues.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiar with computer software in order to track data for SPC.
- Ability to perform product inspections.
- Ability to operate complex equipment and be capable of set-up, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in several areas of equipment/product knowledge.
- Ability to train other operators and provide some direction.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.Basic computer skills for internal programs used.
- Familiar with continuous improvement initiatives such as 5S, Standardized Work, Kanban, JIT, Kaizen, and Poke-Yoke.Education and Experience:High School Degree 1-3 Years Relevant Experience
Must comply with TTM Export Control Policies and Procedures and all applicable laws including ITAR, EAR and OFAC including but not limited to: a) being able to identify ITAR product on the manufacturing floor and understand that access to these products and related technical data is restricted to only US Citizens and US Permanent Residents; b) recognition of Foreign Person visitors by badge differentiation.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Loading some great jobs for you...