Compensation: $31,510.00 - $49,030.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Food Services
Make a meaningful impact as the Sommelier at Union Square Cafe!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The Sommelier is responsible for ensuring the excellence, creativity, brand promise, and profitability of our wine program. This position serves as a leader, educator, coach, and mentor to the management team, Sommeliers, and front-of-house staff. The Wine Director will ensure knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies, and procedures and work to continuously build a high-performance team.
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you ll receive
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven t- and creating opportunities others wish they d thought of first
- Maintain a mastery of the proper table numbers, seat positions, and flow of service
- A heightened sense of empathy to be able to convert the guest's communication into "Raves"
- Have a desire to build a base knowledge and understanding of classic cookery, wine, beer, and cocktails
- Open availability and a career mentality
- Pre- and post-shift side work, wine cellar maintenance, and monthly inventory
- 1-2 years NYC fine dining experience in a Sommelier or wine-focused position
- Wine Sales Proficiency
Please apply here:
More detail about Union Square Cafe part of Union Square Hospitality Group, please visit
Associated topics: barista, brewtender, cocktail service, drink service, license, liquor, martini, mixologist, pool, tequila
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...