Physician, Urgent Care - Altoona, PA
Compensation: $123,405.00 - $38,910.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Physician
Together with Optum, MedExpress Urgent Care provides the support and resources you need to put patients first - with flexible scheduling, competitive pay, and well-deserved bonuses. MedExpress delivers quality, convenient, affordable care to patients of all ages, while allowing you the chance to become a leader in one of our 250+ neighborhood medical centers.
At MedExpress, youll set a new standard of care and make a difference in the lives of your patients - one patient at a time.
- Deliver the highest quality urgent care services, including:
- Physical examinations
- Incisions and drainage
- Managing infection and wound care
Youll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Board certification or Board Eligible (as a resident) in a specialty field of medicine with experience treating all ages
- An unrestricted DEA license (or ability to obtain prior to start)
- Must be CPR certified (or able to obtain prior to start)
- DOT certification (or ability to obtain within the first 60 days of employment)
- 2+ years of experience working as a Physician in an emergency or urgent care setting
- Willing and able to assist at other center locations in the area
MedExpress is a national leader in delivering high-quality, convenient, affordable health care in a patientcentric manner. MedExpress was founded in 2001 in Morgantown, West Virginia, with a commitment to treating each patient as if he/she were the only patient. A broad scope of services is provided including urgent care, employer health services, and basic wellness and prevention services
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus onwhat they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCares support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Physician, Urgent Care, Altoona, PA, Pennsylvania
Associated topics: family, family medicine, family medicine physician, family practice physician, outpatient, physician, physician md, practice, primary, urgent
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...