Product Manager, Airguns, Airsoft and Firearms Accessories - Bloomfield
Compensation: $192,290.00 - $192,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
Product Manager, Airguns, Airsoft, and Firearms Accessories
Velocity Outdoor is a leading outdoor sporting goods company with product lines serving the hunting and shooting enthusiast in Archery, Airguns, Airsoft, Firearms Optics, and Laser Aiming Devices. Key brands include Crosman and Benjamin Airguns, Ravin Crossbows, CenterPoint Archery and Optics, Lasermax Laser Aiming Devices, and GameFace Airsoft. We are seeking an individual who has proven success in strategic planning, analytic capability, project management, team leadership, and cross-functional collaboration.
The Product Manager will be accountable and responsible for developing the strategy and executing the plan to grow select sub-categories within the Airguns, Airsoft, Optics, and Laser Aiming businesses. Together, with the VP of Product Development and executive team, you will define growth-oriented go-to-market strategies, clearly defining consumer and industry trends, setting a multi-year new product agenda, and partnering with the sales team to maximize sales and distribution opportunities.
You will then lead the execution of the strategy by defining the product mix and mapping out the new product pipeline while overseeing maintenance of business on existing products including margin enhancement/cost savings initiatives.
This position requires a blend of big picture thinking and detail orientation. You must be able to communicate and collaborate with key areas of the company, including Quality and Design Engineering, Purchasing, Sales, and the Marketing Communications team. You will also work with domestic and overseas suppliers in support of purchasing and engineering to help bring products to market.
This position will report to the VP of Product Development.
- Collaborating with your team to define market trends, competitive set, and new product opportunities
- Work with sales and operations team to manage and enhance existing product line life cycles including product enhancements and/or cost savings opportunities
- Specifying performance and financial requirements for current and future products
- Act as Internal champion and expert in our New Product Stage Gate process and drive organization to continuously improve and leverage the process
- Work in conjunction with engineering, sourcing and purchasing teams to identify key new products and product improvements with domestic and overseas vendors
- Maintain a sense of urgency, facilitates problem solving and planning to anticipate and overcome risks/obstacles.
- Facilitates communication to key stakeholders on project performance.
- Fosters teamwork; strives to maintain an environment of openness and trust.
- Works closely with sales and marketing communications teams to identify key selling prospects of new products and support retail customer meetings.
- Leads the implementation and/or improvement of products with internal partners to deliver a world class experience while managing costs. Works with the sourcing, design and testing teams.
- Develop business cases for new products investment
- Supports product launch efforts in coordination with technical and marketing team
- Has an outstanding knowledge of competitors'' products, competing materials and develops compelling arguments to support our efforts to sell Company products
- Manages product positioning, pricing, and training for current and new products.
- Regularly perform pricing and competitive analysis by customer channel and recommend strategies to improve market position.
- Bachelor s degree in Technical, Project Management, or Marketing discipline
- 10+ years of work experience directly in sales and/or project/product management experience with proven success in growing businesses
- Strong communication and collaboration skills; can-do, problem solving attitude
- 10-15% travel; must have a passport and be able to obtain a Chinese visa
- Strong interest in/affinity with outdoor categories, especially airguns and firearms
- Experience managing direct reports
- Ability to engage in big-picture, strategic thinking with an attention to detail and execution
- Analytical capability and strong Excel skills
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...