Private/Business Loan Underwriter 5
Compensation: $102,490.00 - $157,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Insurance
Loading some great jobs for you...
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful, and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, and both individual and institutional retirement.The Private/Business Loan Underwriter 5 is the most senior of Wealth Management's loan underwriters and is experienced in financial analysis and underwriting and structuring of complex Commercial and Private Banking relationships. As a member of the Legal Specialty Group (LSG), this Underwriter will partner with Private Bankers and Regional Private Banking Managers in LSG to deliver high-quality custom credit solutions that result in a positive client experience.
- Demonstrates proficiency in WIM's Credit Policies and regulatory compliance requirements while serving commercial clients (law firms).
- Exercises independent judgment and works with no direct supervision.
- Provides efficient and timely analysis and underwriting of complex borrower, financial, and collateral circumstances.
- Utilizes deep experience with legal documents and working with outside legal counsel; reviews legal documents and leads negotiations.
- Excels in credit structuring and communicating recommendations verbally and in writing.
- Regularly monitors and services existing portfolio, communicates findings, and recommends solutions to management in a timely manner.
- Meets with clients in partnership with Private Banker and Regional Private Banking Managers in a client advisory role and in credit negotiations as required.
- Coaches other members of the Credit Administration when appropriate.
- 10+ years of combined experience in the following: financial analysis, underwriting and structuring of highly complex, high net worth, consumer and mortgage relationships
- A BS/BA degree or higher
Other Desired Qualifications
- Legal industry experience and -capital markets expertise preferred
- Formal commercial credit training
- MBA or finance graduate degree
- Wealth related underwriting/lending experience
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills and partnering skills
- Thorough knowledge of financial accounting theory and logic, loan structuring, and commercial banking products and services
- 10+ years of corporate/commercial related experience in commercial underwriting or portfolio management
- Excellent credit skills: ability to develop, negotiate, and document a broad range of loan types, structures and complex requests
- Demonstrated ability to make sound, independent business and credit decisions
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
PA-Philadelphia: 1 S Broad St - Philadelphia, PA
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
DC-Washington: 1300 I St Nw - Washington, DC
IL-Chicago: 10 S Wacker Drive - Chicago, IL
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Associated topics: banker, banking product, collection analyst, counselor, mortgage loan, mortgage originator, mortgage underwriter, officer, personal banker, sale
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...