# of Openings
Area of Interest
Eve's 2:00PM - 10:00PM
: Start fresh in 2018 and join our award winning organization while enjoying increased salaries, benefits, and renovated facilities!
We've been dedicated to caring for your loved ones for 33 years, let us provide that same commitment to the growth in your career.
Elderwood at Liverpool (formerly Birchwood) is searching for dedicated & compassionate Certified Nursing Assistants
to aide our very busy 160-bed Skilled Nursing facility in Liverpool, NY. We are undergoing current construction to update our facility including investing in new state of the art tools and equipment for our nursing staff! This is a part time evening shift position scheduled from 2:00 PM - 10:00 PM with an every other weekend rotation. Part Time Status can be as little at 15 hours a week but allows for staff to pick up as much time as they would like!
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) perks:
- * Top Notch Part Time Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (minimum 22.5 hours worked per week)
- * Generous PTO & holiday package (minimum 22.5 hours worked per week)
- * 401K Retirement plan with company matching
- * Compressive CNA training
- * Monthly employee appreciation events
- * Employee of the month recognition
- * Enjoy being a part of a strong and diverse nursing team
- * Truly make a difference in our residents lives while providing top notch care
- * Just 10 minutes from Syracuse
Elderwood is a strong and growing company that is truly invested in its employees. We just recently increased our wages and offer an excellent benefits package, including health, dental and vision coverage, paid vacations and holidays, an Education and Tuition Assistance Program and much more.
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) duties:
CNA team members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by providing direct nursing and personal care support. This position is responsible for assisting residents with all aspects of Daily Living Activities ensuring that the highest degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times.
Other Essential Job Functions Include:
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Requirements:
- * Responsible for responding immediately to residents' requests.
- * Assist residents with the following Activities of Daily Living (ADL), according to their plan of care, individual needs, and care preferences.
- * Assist in providing appropriate mental stimulation and validation therapy for residents, unless contraindicated.
- * Consistently work in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow team members; considering the impact of your actions on team members.
- * Receive report about status of residents from licensed professional and/or designated department head prior to providing care.
- * Notify licensed professional and/or designated department head of changes in residents' conditions needs, and of any unusual incidents regarding residents
- * Minimum 17 years of age required; high school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- * Employment Certificate/Permit required for 17 years of age.
- * Registration in the New York State RHCF Nurse Aide Registry required.
- * Active on the New York State RHCF Nursing Aide Registry with no findings or convictions of resident abuse, mistreatment and misappropriation of property.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
Starting with one skilled nursing facility in 1978, we now have 10 locations offering skilled nursing, five providing assisted living, and two unique independent living communities in Western and Central New York. Some Elderwood locations offer comprehensive rehabilitation and specialty subacute programs including cardiac rehabilitation, respiratory care and pulmonary rehabilitation.