# of Positions :
Minimum Education Level :
Experience Required :
Full Time Regular
First Shift (Day)
Hours per week:
Start Date :
Position: Banquet Bartender
JOB OVERVIEW: Set up, tend and breakdown banquet bars according to standard policies and procedures in a safe, efficient manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Check Banquet Event Orders to determine function, number of guests and type of bar (house, premium, cash, open, etc.)
2. Set up portable bar in function area according to standard policies and procedures.
3. Make and serve drinks to guests in a friendly, courteous and timely manner following established guidelines, policies and procedures regarding beverages and safety controls are prescribed by the company, the state and the hotel.
4. Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
5. Remove all trash and liquor glasses from tables, tablecloths, trash and liquor from function area. Return bar to storeroom.
6. Breakdown, clean bar thoroughly; wipe surface areas and empty water in portable bar. Return all equipment and supplies to proper area.
7. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
8. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Must have the ability to communicate in English.
Prior bartending experience preferred.
Extensive knowledge of craft beers and cocktails preferred.
Ability to work holidays, nights & weekends preferred.
Must be flexible to work in other on property outlets as needed.
Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service of various alcoholic beverages. Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges, and understand portion sizes. Sufficient manual dexterity in hands in order to use a knife to make garnish, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, mix drinks, and reach overhead to retrieve stock. Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items. Ability to operate a keyboard and point of sale procedures to pre-check an order and close out a check. Ability to stand and work in confined spaces for long periods of time. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Crescent Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Employer's Job# 8186787
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts, LLC
Hotels and resorts
10306 Eaton Pl
Farifax, VA 22030
Job Posting Entered On :
Job Posting Expires On :