We seek candidates for a full-time calendar-year non-tenure-track teaching position at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin by July 1, 2018. Successful candidates will develop and teach online courses in a new online Bachelor of Science in Sustainability Management program. The Bachelor of Science in Sustainability Management is a fully online B.S. completion program that integrates discipline- and career-focused knowledge, skills, and perspectives underpinned by the three pillars of sustainability: economics, society, and environment.
The incumbents will play a key role in the delivery and assessment of this curriculum, and will teach, advise, and mentor participating undergraduate students. We seek candidates who share ESF’s commitment to sustainability; diversity and inclusion; undergraduate teaching and career preparation; and to working with diverse groups of students, colleagues, and collaborators.
We are committed to creating an online learning community characterized by the robust exchange of ideas in service to learning and career preparation - an exchange that resonates with the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences. Therefore, we are particularly interested in candidates with a commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
This is a grant-funded position, funded, in part, by the State University of New York System Administration, and will be funded for a period of 2 years (with potential extension).
• An advanced degree (masters required, doctorate preferred) in sustainability or related field, from an accredited institution;
• Experience teaching undergraduates in sustainability management and/or a related field; and
• Experience with online teaching and learning that includes regular and substantive interaction among and between students and instructors.
• Professional experience in a public, private and/or non-profit organization that entailed sustainable policy, practice, and social responsibility;
• Experience advising undergraduate students.
Application materials must be submitted on-line at http://www.esf.edu/hr/.
Include in your application:
A C.V. or resume
A narrative description of your background, interests, and qualifications for the position. Include
- a discussion of your views (philosophical and practical) about teaching and advising;
- your related immediate and longer-range plans for your professional practice and/or scholarship;
- a description of courses that you have taught or are prepared to teach, making linkages to the Sustainability Management where possible; and
- a statement about your experience with and/or interest in online education.
A list of at least three references with addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses. Please indicate your professional and/or academic relationship to each person on this list.
This position is available immediately. Although applications will be accepted until the position is filled, candidates should submit their application by May 8, 2018 to ensure optimal consideration.
About the College of Environmental Science and Forestry,
Founded in 1911, the State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) is the nation's oldest and most respected school dedicated to the study of the environment, developing renewable technologies and building a sustainable future. The ESF main campus is in Syracuse, NY and has regional campuses throughout Central New York and the Adirondack Park. ESF consistently earns high rankings in US News and World Report, Forbes, Peterson's Guide, The Washington Monthly, Princeton Review and other national college guidebooks.
Our College community is committed to being a leader in the evolving higher education landscape. In this spirit of ongoing innovation, we have formally established the ESF Open Academy, an academic unit that encompasses the College’s summer semester, professional, and public education programs, as well as a renewed institutional commitment to online educational programming.