2018-3509# of Openings
2018-04-06Area of Interest
Use your already strong analytical skills to help improve our residents daily lives while enjoying increased salaries, top notch benefits, and newly renovated facilities!
Elderwood at Liverpool (formerly Birchwood) is searching for an organized & detail-orientated Scheduler
(Staffing Coordinator) to join our very busy 160-bed Skilled Nursing facility in Liverpool, NY. It is time to love your job!
The Staffing Coordinator reviews staffing status and scheduling needs. They also enter daily absentee calls and assists in staffing replacements. The staffing coordinator is responsible for assisting and maintaining adequate staffing through the Department of Nursing, as determined by unit algorithm, census, acuity, and communication with the nursing managers and clinical coordinators. Generates daily staffing reports to the nursing units and house coverage reports to the clinical coordinators. They will also serve as a resource to the Director of Nursing, Clinical Coordinators and Unit Managers.
This is a full time Monday - Friday position and generally works 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM Perks of the Position:
- Top Notch Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Generous PTO & holiday package
- 401K Retirement plan with company matching
- Comprehensive training at our beautiful Training Center in Buffalo, NY.
- Monthly employee appreciation events
- Employee of the month recognition
- Enjoy being a part of a strong and diverse clinical team
- Truly make a difference in our residents lives
- Just 10 minutes from Syracuse
Elderwood is a strong and growing company that is truly invested in its employees. We just recently increased our wages and offer an excellent benefits package, including health, dental and vision coverage, paid vacations and holidays, an Education and Tuition Assistance Program and much more.
Or send our resume/questions to email@example.com
for consideration.ResponsibilitiesStaffing Coordinator Duties:
QualificationsStaffing Coordinator Requirements:
- Develops and implements nursing staff scheduling on a day-to-day basis, including but limited to determining staffing needs and vacancies as necessary.
- Processes requests from nursing staff for time off and ensure timely response to coordinate requested time off for master nursing schedule.
- Maintains appropriate attendance records for nursing staff and ensures Nursing Supervisor and Director of Nursing is aware of trends, Opportunities for improvements or concerns.
- Ensures signatures of new nursing staff on Master Signature Record
- Assists with coordination of various audits of the Quality Management Program of this facility, prepares report of results and submits to the Director of Nursing.
- Attends/actively participates in select departmental meetings, and other meetings as required by the Director of Nursing.
- Coordination/implementation of various administrative assignments.
- Coordinates various nursing, college internship programs.
- Performs all job duties in accordance to safety rules and practices required for this job position, and as required to ensure the general safety of staff, residents and visitors of this facility.
- Performs assigned duties according to the service excellence standards and goals established for this job position, and for all staff members of this facility.
- Actively participates in the facility TIPS/Root Cause Analysis Programs by encouraging staff to generate and develop ideas which improve the care for the residents or their own individual jobs. Utilizes many of the basic principles of the TIPS Program in managing staff on a regular basis.
- Encourages involvement and recognizes staff for making outstanding contributions.
- Exhibits improvement agents, trust builders, generators of pride in work and management techniques to perform his/ her job to the utmost, while experiencing joy in his/her work and performing in a manner consistent with the aims of the organizations.
- Assures that all staff exhibits the highest level of customer service toward residents, families and co-workers.
- Two years' experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
- One year staffing scheduling experience preferred.
- High school graduate with business/secretarial courses, proficient typist.
- Knowledge of staffing and scheduling in a nursing home setting.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of software applications are required.
- Post high school secretarial education would be considered in lieu of one-year experience.
- Individual must be knowledgeable and proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheets.
- Must be able to handle diverse work load and exercise individual judgement within limits of standard practice.
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure and maintain composure with a pleasant attitude.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.Apply Here
Starting with one skilled nursing facility in 1978, we now have 10 locations offering skilled nursing, five providing assisted living, and two unique independent living communities in Western and Central New York. Some Elderwood locations offer comprehensive rehabilitation and specialty subacute programs including cardiac rehabilitation, respiratory care and pulmonary rehabilitation.