15 Oser Ave Hauppauge New York 11788-3808
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for a Warehouse Facility Manager position in the Site Pro 1 Hauppauge, NY locati on. Valmont Site Pro 1 is a distributor of wireless communication tower components. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will be responsible for management of production planning and scheduling, productivity, quality, and safety for the warehouse.
Additionally, you will. . .
- Supervise and direct warehouse activities and employees in order to meet or exceed divisional plan objectives
- Establish and maintain procedures that ensure high standards of productivity, product quality, cost effectiveness and safety
- Utilize human and capital resources to meet goals while consistently serving the needs of the customer
- Manage daily inventory by monitoring the timeliness and accuracy of inventory adjustments and enf orcing consistent warehouse practices in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Work with customers, in person when necessary, to resolve issues within the shipping process flow; i.e., product damage, delivery schedules, incomplete shipments
- Make recommendations for process improvements/techniques within your areas of responsibility.
What it takes
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Previous experience in a management or supervisory role
- Demonstrated knowledge of material handling and traffic management
- Working knowledge of government regulations pertaining to warehouse operations.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to support divisional business objectives
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues
- The ability to effectively interpret and present information both one-on-one and in front of an audience
- Demonstrated strengths in interpersonal skills, including the ability to adapt to the audience and professionally communicate with a variety of people
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills and an ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and independently
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Products, especial ly: Excel, Word and Outlook
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner and be an integral part of a team environment
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- Associates degree in a Business Management or related
- Five years previous experience in a management or supervisory role in a Warehouse or Distribution setting
- Three years of experience with IFS and/or ERP system
- The ability to solve complex problems with high attention to detail and work in a fast-paced environment subject to specific deadlines
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to exce l and deliver exceptional results.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
We are a diversified global producer of fabricated metal products and are a leading producer of steel and aluminum pole, tower and other structures in our Engineered Infrastructure Products (EIP) segment, steel and concrete pole structures in our Utilities Support Structures (Utility) segment and are a global producer of mechanized irrigation systems in our Irrigation segment. We also provide metal coating services, including galvanizing, painting and anodizing in our Coatings business.
Our products sold through the (EIP) segment include outdoor lighting and traffic control structures, wireless communication structures and components and roadway safety and industrial access systems. Our pole structures sold through our Utility segment support electrical transmission and distribution lines and related power distribution equipment. Our irrigation segment produces mechanized irrigation equipment that delivers water, chemical fertilizers and pesticides to agricultural crops.
Customers and end-users of our products include state and federal governments, contractors, utility and telecommunications companies, manufacturers of commercial lighting fixtures and large farms as well as the general manufacturing sector.